8/26/09

Some salami...

Helsingissä 26. elokuuta 2009

Dear Kirsikka,

Black and white... I never thought I'd say this, but I like color better these days. At least with Diana. There is something cool about these photos but I'm not sure if  I've captured anything special. What do you think?



I'd like you to meet Anne Törnroos. She is a fabulous designer and has made me beautiful dresses. She's in many of my photos so I thought you should get to know her.


This is my younger niece having some salami. She loves it. She was sitting on my knee so I couldn't get further away. But I kinda like the photo tho it's a bit blurry. I'm gonna go for one more b&w film but then I'm going to switch back to color, maybe try neutral color instead of vivid color this time.


Ink! What a brilliant idea!
Especially with grey scale.



I loved your black and whites a lot! Maybe that's why I was a bit disappointed on mine. But maybe in time we'll learn as you said in your first letter. This film I had was super sensitive. Didn't really know how to work with it. And maybe everything I'm not used to seems so much better. Your pictures are so much more exciting to me than my own.

Now I'm off to that tapdance show I told you about. Not going to try and take photos of people on stage. Not gonna work. I tried it again when I saw Norwegian singer Ane Brun. The pictures were a mess. But I did love her.

--It´s the changing of the seasons. He says ”I need them”. I guess I’m too Scandinavian. The relief of spring. Intoxication of summer rain. The clearness of fall. How winter makes me reconsider it all.

Restlessness is me, you see.--


Till the next time.


With Love E.


P.S. I laughed when I remembered the time we were so super conscious about our noses. Can't see that now. Thank goodness I can't.


quote: CHANGING OF THE SEASONS - ANE BRUN


No comments:

Post a Comment