9/10/09

Looking thru the fisheye.


Los Angeles 090909 ;)

Rakas Emmi!

How are you? Thank you for your letter(klassiset kirjeen avaus lauseet). I actually really liked your film! I think it would be even better with the dark edges you get with 12 photos? To give them a bit of an edge? But I think the colors suited a mellow day in central Helsinki, when the sun is about to say "toodles" and have a long holiday leaving our little country to freeze it's ass off. Hitunen väriä, hitunen lämpöä. 

Diana is having a small brake and we are introducing a new friend, the FISHEYE. Like I promised before. 


This is a music video shoot. We saw it on our way to a vintage shop. A band called Train. Remember? One of the one hit wonders:

"Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day And head back to the milky way And tell me, did venus blow your mind Was it everything you wanted to find And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there..."

And just for what it's worth. Yes. To all of the above. 
Thats miranda. I work with her. She uses the word AMAZING more than anyone on this planet. 
This is Miranda again, and Gabe, my boss. Every time we go to a chinese restaurant (for lunch, while shopping/researching. yes! its part of our ACTUAL job. to shop)he tries to order a cheese burger. As a joke. Every time. 
Go really really close. Take a good hard look at the tree with your face almost touching it.

 I guarantee, everyone watching will think you're a moron.  
Repeat the above with a rosebush. 

Now they feel sorry for you.

I was going to have a theme. Since the car is yellow, the little beetle, I thought I'd photograph yellow things. Especially effective when shooting with a B&W film.  
Here it is! 
We went to a car wash the other day. I was listening to "Why do fools fall in love" loud in the car. I decided two things. If I'll ever get married that song will be the first dance song. Instead of a long, boring, awkward  waltz. Second, I need to spend more time in car washes.   

With love, K

Ps.  I hope we will. Talk about YSL when we're old I mean. And have walks together. Did you ever think that every year you get older, it means you have travelled around the sun again.

Pps. No. He's not. Hes made of wax. Funny tho, right? I have another one! Look. 


The Boy told me not to tell anyone. But nobody likes a liar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment