3/13/10

Memories of LA

Helsingissä 13. maaliskuuta 2010

Dear Kirsikka,

This is where you play. Thank you for the best time ever. I miss the salty smell of the ocean. I miss the waves. I miss all your friends. I miss the karaoke night in Korea Town. I miss your Linus bike. I miss THE sushi. I wish I had chosen the soy paper. I miss the kid who called me grandpa. I miss you guys calling me grandpa.

I miss Anne. I miss Elmo. May he rest in peace. I miss Venice Beach. I miss the moment we won the bronze medal. I miss the huge beers we had that night. I miss the moment we sang Finland's national anthem in the bar. I even miss all the cars.


--Long walks in the dark through woods grown behind the park, I asked God who I'm supposed to be.
The stars smiled down on me, God answered in silent reverie. I said a prayer and fell asleep.--


I miss the hot tub. I miss the sun. I miss the ginger chicken we cooked for your friends. I kinda miss the stripper girls as well. I miss eating popcorn super loudly. I miss your roommates. I miss waiting for you to get off from work. I miss the manicure. I miss going crazy with all the shopping. I miss Hollywood and its rusty atmosphere. I miss the flea market.


And finally...I miss YOU. I'm super glad that I have all these wonderful memories.

--Now I'm old and feeling grey. I don't know what's left to say about this life I'm willing to leave. I lived it full and I lived it well, there's many tales I've lived to tell. I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now to fly from the highest wing.--

With Love, E.

quote: Priscilla Ahn - Dream

1 comment:

  1. H-I-E-N-O-I-M-P-I-A ikinä! 8)

    -M

    ReplyDelete