3/16/10

Sleepless in la la land.

16.03.2010 Los Angeles
Dear Emmi,


I've lost my sleep. I simply do not have it anymore. It feels like I don't know how to do it anymore. Never before 2am do I get any. I have dreams where people have animal heads. The most disturbing head is the one of a squirrel. Way too small for a human.


Maybe if I lived in Vegas. There's no clocks- so people loose track of time. I would sit at the lobby, playing them games with quarters. I'd secretly drink milk to get sleepy and smoke a small cigar. The ones that taste like vanilla.

I'd post pictures of the signs for you. (Like I do now) Or maybe I'd start picturing the people taking pictures with the signs. All the families, tourists, lovers and scum. I'd make up stories about them and you would think I know them all.

It's Elvis.
How I wish that there were more
Than the twenty-four hours in the day
'Cause even if there were forty more
I wouldn't sleep a minute away
Oh, there's black jack and poker and the roulette wheel
A fortune won and lost on every deal
All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel
Viva Las Vegas, Viva Las Vegas

The worst thing about insomnia is the feeling you are the only one in the world who is not asleep.
Second worst is the fear of morning. "Only three hours left to sleep- only two hours left to sleep..."

Once I had a dream that me and The Boy were avocados. It sounds bizarre, but it was peaceful. Being an avocado. Not much happened but I slept well.

With Love, Kirsikka





7 comments:

  1. TAAS IHAN TÖRKEEN HIENOJA KUVIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you... you crazy avocado! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I've just ordered the extension to my Diana to use Fuji instant film on it! Also was lucky to get the Diana mini as a gift. We'll post some samples later:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ihania kuvia!! minkä kokosia noi kuvat on luonnos ja onko sulla se ihan perus Diana+? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nää teidän kuvat on upeita !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kiitamme! Joo nama kuvat on otettu perus Dianalla. Ja kuvat on kehitettyina 12 kertaa 12. Naista kaikkia ei kuitenkaan olla kehitetty vaan skannaan aina suoraan filmilta koneelle.
    Perus Dianan lisaksi mulla on Diana mini (ensi kerralla laitan siita lisaa) ja Fisheye (aikaisemmissa jutuissa on jotain kuvia sillakin).

    Lomoluv !

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love love love theeeeeseee again! XX Shrek16

    ReplyDelete