3/26/10

The way to split it

26. maaliskuuta 2010

Dear Kirsikka,

What a letter. I'm speechless. It made me think of my grandparents. I sent my grandpa a letter a few weeks ago. I'm gonna write another one after I finish with this. I'll send good thoughts to my grandma as well, where ever she is. I miss her.

So, because I've lost my words I'm gonna talk about something really ordinary (don't stop though if you want to read about photography for a change!) this time and not even try to make it anything special. Ok? Here it comes.

I wanted to split it.


So I tried to buy the original Diana Splitzer. It is a small device made out of plastic that helps you use only half or a quarter of your photo at once. Then you can move it and shoot the other half. Well, unfortunately they were out of stock. Bummer. What to do? Make one out of black cardboard, tape (and fix it here and there with black nailpolish...no fix it with purple one first and then realize it needs to be black). Voilá!


The thing looks like crap, you need to hold it still BUT it works quite amazingly! Or what do you think? The Wall Street one is my favorite.


I had just gotten used to the double exposures and now I need to practice the slicing of things. But it's fun to challenge yourself. I recommend you try it!


Aah Ruttopuisto, the park of plague, don't you just love it. Well obviously without the snow.

--She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is the darkness
She rules her life like a fine skylark
And when the sky is starless

All your life you've never seen a woman
Taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?
Will you ever win? Will you ever win?--



No tricks on the last one. Just to point out that you don't always remember how you've used the "Splitzer" or did you at all. But I love the boots. She does have two heels on the left one so maybe a little trick worked after all?

I'm going to try 800 film the next time. Hope it would work better indoors than this 400. My attempt to create people with twisted body parts etc. fell through. Better luck next time!

Until then:

With love, Diana and I

PS. It's the changing of the seasons: it is RAINING. WATER.

quote: Fleetwood Mac - Rhiannon


3 comments:

  1. Punaiset saappaat! Hullun makeet... sopivasti blurrit ja mitkä värit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hihii, joo ne sillee väpättää!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well the way you write and all the feelings that i get through your pictures leads pretty often to red eyes and hankies state of mind. The concept of the blog is just way too cute and beautiful. So different and unique from the others. Thank you for writing it, you are amazing! All love back to you, julia

    ReplyDelete