10/9/10

I wait and you always come back

Helsingissä 9. lokakuuta 2010



Dear Kirsikka,

I don’t know which is worse. Staying or leaving. With you I always feel that I’m staying. I wait. And eventually you always come back.


--Put an ocean and a river, between everybody else

Between everything, yourself and home

Put an ocean and a river

Between everything, yourself and home--


I found pictures of you that I took that fall when we met. They are black and white. You are sitting on the sidewalk and climbing on a tree. I walk pass that place a lot these days. The place where the pictures were taken at. It reminds me of you.

The first time you left we were 17. I really missed you but now I’ve learnt that I didn’t tell you strong enough. When you came back something had changed.

--You must be somewhere in London

You must be loving your life in the rain

You must be somewhere in London

Walking Abbey Lane --


You’ve been coming and going but never have I felt this sad about it. After you left I went for a walk. You know the route: pass the small cafe, ducks, chairs in the water. Then over the bridge, over the railways. Good morning alcoholics and the man in the suit. Cafe lattes and cappuccinos at Sininen huvila. The walk home. I took photos by myself and thought of you. Nothing was the same.

--Famous angels never come through England

England gets the ones you never need

I'm in a Los Angeles cathedral

Minor singing airheads sing for me--




You once said that leaving is easy. Staying is the hard part.

But this time you’re waiting for me too. You wait and I promise to be there.


--You must be somewhere in London

You must be loving your life in the rain

You must be somewhere in London

Walking Abbey Lane--



With Love, Emmi



quote: The National - England

No comments:

Post a Comment