6/2/11

Family First

London 02.06.2011

Hey Emmi!

First of all I would like to congratulate my self for finishing University. GO ME.

It's sunny in London: Cider, parks, hip hop classics, visitors, bicycles and fresh flowers. I've met some new people, hung out with old ones.

Anne is here. My aunt and her husband visited. They drove across the Europe and stopped by. Was lovely.


Got me thinking about family.

We select our friends, it's a process where you decide to hang out with certain people, care for them and stay in touch with them. It's basically a chain of choices.

Personally I like people that are creative and productive and easy going, talk about ideas rather than people, make me laugh, are brave and loud and warm.

I hate lying and dishonesty bores me.
I don't understand people who have no passion.


I'd say my family is pretty much like this too, but truth to the matter is you can't pick them. You're stuck with what you have. And thank god for that. (In my case anyway)



I have this game that I play when I have nothing to do, where I think of the worst things I could do to everyone around me. Incredibly embarrassing horrible unforgivable things like:

- Burn my flatmates dissertation, laugh and pour cat pee on her laptop
- Try to sleep with your friends parents. All of them.
- Release their pets into the wild. (The goldfish too. Regents Canal.)
- Steal money from them, buy drugs to their younger siblings, make them smoke Salvia (please check out videos of this online, it's super funny) drop acid to their grand parents tea, video the whole thing, then release the video on Youtube. Top it off by telling the Police.
- Puke into your flat mates bed every day for a week.
- Destroy their photographs, mobile phones and just any general stuff of theirs you can get your hands on. Just for fun. Laugh. Never apologise.


So my POINT here is that no matter how good friends you are with someone they would quite quickly remove you from their gallery of friends.
No questions asked.
You would just be a twat.
In fact they would probably hate you.

With family however. Honestly they would kind of hate you too.
But I think, at least mine, would stick around.
For a little bit anyway.

Not because they wanted to forgive, but because they would feel the need to sort you out if you loose your marbles.
This level of commitment is almost impossible to find anywhere else.

And the days when you are not ruining your sisters wedding by showing up naked and setting your dad's car on fire for fun, it's good to appreciate the ol' home folks. Choose to be friends with them, hang out and all that jazz.



That's all.

Love, Kisu

Ps. Hello Family if you guys are reading. I think you guys rock and I'd never ruin your life on purpose. thank you for the level of awesomeness you bring to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment