1/19/12

Hogs, horses and valium.

19.01.2012 Helsinki

Dear Emmi,

I love film too! When I got mine developed this time they had ruined it. Naturally I went over and expressed my unhappiness and received a free film and development for it, but now I kind of like how it looks. 


My film was almost as old as yours. From this summer at our summer house in Saarenmaa. I love it there so much. Horses, the sea, wild swans, bicycles, old women selling wool socks they have knitted and honey from their back yards. 


Everything there is really minimal in a way, but super beautiful. I wish I could just stay there, ride horses, paint, photograph, maybe fish and stalk wild hogs. 
They hunt them over there, but there is no way I could ever shoot one. Unless it ran very quickly towards me, I had a loaded gun and would somehow manage to aim at it. They are huge and kind of terrifying.










This is it! Till next time. 
 I know you are on a mental honeymoon and newly in love, so I will not pester you too much. The girl-rule says one is allowed to abandon all friendships for exactly 3 months to hang out with a cute boy if massively in love. After 3 months they must return and start keeping in contact, getting OUT of the bedroom on Saturdays as well as start keeping up with photography duties again. 
I have personally never taken such vacation, I have been saving my time for when I finally get to start living my dream life as a 30-year old retired horserider-painter-motorcyclist-photographer.

That or a valium-wife in which case you must remind me when my 3 months is up as a person can loose the track of time in the ever so fuzzy valium haze. 

With Love,
K


I have a roll of film I shot in Riga with Lubitel, the replica of an old Russian camera, that I will show you next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment