1/14/12

Why I love film

Helsingissä 14. tammikuuta 2012

Dear Kirsikka,

I'm so sorry. Before I knew it, time just went by and went by and went by. And suddenly it was year 2012. I had two rolls of film stuck in my desk drawer and no time to develop them. (Fotoyks could you please have a bit more flexible opening hours?)

But because of my busy life I now remember how beautiful the idea of film is. When I took the films to the store I had no clue what photos would be in them. Something from last fall maybe? Summer? Spring?

And there were you. In London last August. The other roll is from my birthday but I'll save the photos for later.


 Digital cameras would never give us a surprise like that or as fast trip down the memory lane as film does. Looking at the pictures I remembered why I bought the flights to London in a heartbeat. I had 24 hours to get to the airport. I remembered why we had that first beer at your place and the second (and the third and the...well you get the point) at The Dolphin.



I also remembered the breakfast at Gallery Cafe, the dog by Pavilion Cafe, the guy who spilled all his coffee, the hungry ducks, movie moments, big plans about going to see these cliffs and the fortune cookie text "Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known." At the time it seemed impossible. BOY WAS I WRONG.


This is why I love film. And why I'm a bit angry at myself for forgetting it.


We need a new idea for the blog. I forget to take pictures to show you my life because you're a much bigger part of it now. You live here and it changed things.

Maybe we need photo challenges or something.

Until that:

With love as always
Em xx


PS. Can't help myself...need to say that...I'M IN LOVE YEY! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment